Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Birthdays and other complaints

Okay, it's the end. I finally crossed over. I just turned 41! One step closer to 50, and doom! LOL Nah, just kidding. I could care less about my age. Otherwise I wouldn't have had 2 kids in my mid to late 30's! The only thing I contend with is pain from playing in the floor too long. Hey, I have had that for a long time. My Mom passed away in December of last year. I really missed her birthday phone call. My Dad didn't call me. Don't know why. I don't know if he forgot, or if he just couldn't handle it. He called on Mother's Day, but not my birthday.
Okay, on to other complaints. Well, Mr. Picky (aka the 2yo) has finally decided to eat different things besides peanut butter, bananas, cereal and bread. The only drawback to this is he won't eat it unless I feed it to him. This too shall pass! The 5yo has suddenly grown an attitude the size of Texas. She demands, rather than asks for stuff. She speaks to me in stacatto tones, and sometimes just snarls. WTH?!! Where is my sweet little girl, I want her back. Is this a portent of things to come in teendom? If so, then please God let me go through menopause while she is still young! She won't pick up her toys, and begs me to help even though I point out that I was not involved in making the mess. She complains that the 2yo helped, but that he is too little to help. "Well," I say "show him what to do, and he will help a little." "Just help me, Mommy." she demands! I hope kindergarten will help! Poor teachers! And to think, I actually wanted to teach kindergarten! I think now I would opt for older kids. Those who aren't screaming and crying for their Mommies, and have a few manners and control.
Confession: I should be waking the 5yo early, for the next two weeks, to prepare her for the start of school, but I need "me time" too! The only me time I get is when I hide in the bathroom with a book after hubby is home. Now, if only I could remember that darned key!

No comments:

Post a Comment