Monday, July 6, 2009

What's for Dinner?

The husband and I go through the same thing every day - What's for dinner? Well, what do you want to fix? What are you in the mood for? I don't want that. The kids won't eat that. Let's just have pizza!
We get tired of it. It's not easy, as anyone knows - especially moms -, to plan ahead for meals. So, we usually wind up deciding just in time to throw something together, or open a can, or pull something out of the freezer. We eat fairly healthy regardless. My cholesterol has miraculously dropped 60 points in the last 2 years.
The daughter will eat just about anything. Although at times she refuses, and we have a big fight on our hands. The son is the pickiest eater I have ever seen! He has a very small list of "will definitely eat that" foods - peanut butter, grilled cheese, Spongebob macaroni (this is the only kind he will eat, and will only eat it if he is in the mood), and pretty much any cereal we put in front of him. He will sometimes eat chicken nuggets, and sometimes I can get him to eat meatloaf. He likes ketchup, apples and sometimes pancakes w/peanut butter on them. I sometimes hit the jackpot, and he will eat everything I give him. Then the next time I offer him the same thing he either cries, pushes it away or throws it in the floor. The son will not eat leftovers (or eggs) - ever! I give him a platefull of whatever I fix, he doesn't eat it, he gets a peanut butter sandwich and an apple wedge. This too shall pass - I hope!
The husband could eat pizza any day of the week, and has at times had it almost every day. We make our own a lot, and have found a great crust recipe. The Pizza-Holic is currently perfecting his sauce recipe. We use no salt tomato sauce, low fat cheese and fresh vegetables.
Most of what I suggest just gets tossed aside, so I usually just let him tell me what to fix. He then gets mad at me because he is making all the decisions. I offer suggestions - he shoots them down. What else am I supposed to do?
So, here I am again, it's Monday and I am trying to decide what to fix for dinner! Not in the mood for anything, and I still have to fix lunch. Oh well, as usual, I won't start to panic until around 3:30. :0P

No comments:

Post a Comment