Thursday, June 17, 2010

Home Improvements and Customer Service???

I may be...ahem, "Old School", but when someone says they are going to do a job for you, shouldn't they actually do the job?! Must be nice to work for an hour and a half, leave ladders against my house, the pieces that you have removed from my house and then leave for the day. Must be nice to turn your cell phone off, so I can't call you. Must be nice to be the secretary that leaves 15 minutes after I call in a complaint, because the office closes at 4:30 and she can't get in touch with "the guy" either. I am sick and tired of all this crap! The roofers did what they said they would do...the came early in the morning, got the job done and left (my only problem is they missed some nails...how 'bout getting a metal detector guys). The carpet guys came early and left late...it was an inconvenience, but they didn't charge me for moving furniture or removing our old carpet, so I can deal. The A/C job, that was supposed to take 1 day, maybe 2, turned into 3. They worked for an hour, left because there wasn't anything else they could do (they had planned on removing our old unit and hooking up the new one - which would have left us without air for the night!), they didn't bring everything they needed! WTH?! Now, here we sit...soffit and facia removed from our house, 4 ladders (for a 2-man crew mind you) sitting against the side of our house - temptation for the 4 small children running around, and workmen who leave after an hour and a half of work. Am I wrong when I say - IF YOU HAVE A JOB TO DO, THEN DO IT!!! All I know is, they better get done soon, they had better clean up EVERYTHING and it had better looked damned good! That, or the owner will have one small but angry woman in his face. Nobody wants to see this mouse roar.

No comments:

Post a Comment