Thursday, September 23, 2010

Birthday Parties

It started out simple...Scooby Doo as the theme. Shouldn't be hard to find Scooby Doo stuff. HA! Only one store in town with Scooby Doo party items. Plain napkins, plain plates, plain tablecloth, plain cups - $20 saved! The cake...done it before. Iced and ready. Balloons blown up by Mommy, the old fashioned way. Goody bags done. Menu planned. KoolAid and drinks ready. Games planned. Which took a little more thought and planning than I originally conceived. Will have to finish in the morning.
The morning of the party...wake up...WTH?!!! The room is spinning and will not stop. Try to walk down the hall, and lean into the wall the whole way. Move too much = lose cookies. Crap...vertigo! I was stressing out more than I thought trying to plan the "perfect" party for a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds! OMG! I have become one of "those" mothers. The kind that has to try to out-do everyone else. The kind that wants everything to run smoothly and cleanly. HA! No such thing sister! So, party rescheduled...invited 22 kids instead of 10...am I insane. Nope, it's the start of the fall break week, so some will be going out of town. ;) Smart after all. Everything is ready, but the cake. Make that BROWNIE! A giant pumpkin shaped brownie with orange icing and Halloween sprinkles because we are doing a costume birthday party. The balloons are still blown up, so all I have to do is make a costume for the son (the daughter's was bought on clearance at WM last year), do the brownie/cake and decorate for Halloween (which I do anyway). No more stress, no silly Mommy. I think I will sleep sitting up...just in case! Just have to keep the family well until next Saturday!
See, I told you I was crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment