Monday, March 28, 2011

I Used to Have Patience, Now I Have Kids!

Well, guess I didn't realize how long it had been since I had last posted! Sheesh! A lot happens and a lot changes in 6 months time. So, in a brief, yet thorough account, here is my life since September 23rd.
The party was fun. Only 8 kids came...yay me...and they had a ball. One of the daughter's little friends, however, doesn't like chocolate, so that presented a dilemma with the brownie. Oh well, I will remember next time...if there is a next time, to have white cake as well...oh, and separate containers of vanilla and chocolate ice cream with separate scoops...God forbid there is one speck of chocolate in the vanilla ice cream! Okay, sweet kid, but sheesh. Then there were the 3 parents who decided to drop off their kids without telling me they were doing so. Get the kid out, give them a kiss, tell them to be good, get back in the mini van and take off...WTH?! One mother, ONE, asked me if it was okay, and then there was the couple that also brought their baby and actually stayed to watch their kid have fun. THOSE kind of parents I like. Them and the mom who was trying to pack for a trip, and very nicely asked if it would be okay if she went home to work on it. Party survived...barely. 6 year olds really know how to scream!

The son, who is now 3 1/2, is now going to speech. The once near silent little boy, is now talking up a storm. Can't understand a lot of what he says still, but he's talking! Now we are working on potty training. Okay, I admit it, I have been lazy in this department. But, in my defense, I have also listened to these laid back parents who say "Let him tell you when he is ready". Well, let me tell you something...Ain't gonna happen!!! This kid can poop in his sleep. He will walk around in a soaking wet diaper, and pants, until you notice and he says "I peeya". He is an eager learner in the speech department, can recite shapes and colors now, wants very badly to know his letters and learn to read, but....oh ho ho, and this is a BIG but...refuses to go to the potty. I tried, in vain, yesterday. Underwear all day...all 10 pair...he peed in the potty, at my urging, 4 times. I tried the every hour approach, and kept catching him going into his sister's room to hide and pee. Probably because she has a tv in her room, and he can watch cartoons while hiding. sigh...

The daughter is going to be one of those kids. The kind that hate snow days. The kind that go into hysterics when they don't get all A's on their report cards. God forbid they mess up at school every once in a while. Home, on the other hand...The kid loves to make a mess, but is always "too tired" when it's time to clean it up. That, or she blames the entire mess on her brother, and says she is going to pick up just her stuff, and he needs to get the rest. She's 6 1/2, and already has the attitude of a 13 year old. I am in peri-menopause, and here is my wish...more like a prayer...please let me finish menopause before she hits 13!!! Okay, what would normally be good traits, do not work well in the way she uses them. Hopefully we will hone those skills and direct them for good! She will not back down for anything! If she doesn't get her way, she goes on and on and on and on and on....hoping to wear you down until you give in. She whines, she cries, she speaks through clenched teeth (okay, so she got this one from me. Hey, I don't like to yell!). She bumps me, and sometimes she hits. I walk off, and sometimes, go as far as locking myself in my bedroom. Funniest thing she has said in one of these tirades..."No, you go to your room!". To which I replied "I would love to!". sigh...how does that saying go? "This too shall pass."? I can dream, can't I?!

I have never professed to be a "writer". I just write down my thoughts and experiences from life. It's like talking to a friend. Write what you feel, write what you know. I may be able to write a whole book one day, but it will be of my experiences. I read a mystery story that I had found in a box of things, that I had to write in high school, and let me tell you...it was B.A.D.! So, I won't ever torture anyone with my ideas, just my experiences. And, maybe, just maybe, you might get as much enjoyment out of them as I do.

1 comment:

  1. By the way...if I ever DO write a book, the title of this post will do just fine. "I Used to Have Patience, Now I Have Kids!" Those of you without kids will NEVER understand.

    ReplyDelete