Friday, August 12, 2011

Tastes from Home with Frito-Lay recipe contest


I don't endorse a company in any way, unless I believe in their products. Frito Lay has NEVER let me down!
My Dad was in the Air Force for 24 years. At one point we were stationed in Tucson, AZ at Davis Monthan AFB. I was a small child, and to this day, I still am greatly impressed by that region and it's food. I LOVE Mexican inspired dishes. Lay's Cajun Herb & Spice chips are the perfect accompaniment to my spinach and cheese enchiladas. Please enjoy my recipe:

Easy Spinach Enchiladas

Red Sauce
1 can tomato sauce +1 can water
2 TBSP chili powder
1 Tsp each cumin, garlic, onion powder and cilantro
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for around 30 minutes

Thaw frozen spinach in microwave

Heat one can refried beans with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and 1/4 fat free half and half, mix thoroughly.

Use large tortillas. Spread enough sauce to cover the bottom of a large glass baking dish. Fill tortillas with beans, rice, spinach and cheese (spread a little sauce on the tortilla first if you like them really saucy), roll and place in pan. Cover the rolled tortillas with the remaining sauce and shake it down in between each roll. Sprinkle with desired amount of cheese and bake at 400 degrees for around 20 minutes. Let set for around 15 minutes once removed from the oven. ENJOY! Next time, we will have to try the Creamy Garden Ranch!

Now it's your turn. Submit your favorite recipe to me. Inspired by your region, or Lay's new Regional Flavors. You could a variety pack of the Regional Flavors. :O)


No comments:

Post a Comment